Monday, January 25, 2010

Joseph Sin - the manuscript, the quest

Joseph Sin. Not my name, the name of my...well, what shall I call it. 

I can't call it a book, "a written or printed work of fiction or nonfiction, usually on sheets of paper fastened or bound together within covers" (dictionary.com). It isn't bound yet.

I could call it a novel, "a fictitious prose narrative of considerable length and complexity, portraying characters " (dictionary.com). But that sounds a bit pretentious to me: surely it can't be called a novel until it's published.

So, it will have to be a manuscript, "the original text of an author's work, handwritten or now usually typed, that is submitted to a publisher" (dictionary.com).

I'd like to call it a book. I'd like to be able to point at a printed version of "Joseph Sin" and say, 'Look, this my book!' So, this blog is a record of my quest to have Joseph Sin published.

No comments:

Post a Comment