Thursday, December 2, 2010

Junk Mail

Despite my best intentions to try to reduce the amount of paper I'm using there are many people and organisations who seem intent on filling my postbox and recycle bin with stuff that I don't want and didn't ask for in the first place.

Here's a useful link for anyone (in Australia) who wants to reduce the unwanted advertising, junk mail and flyers they receive.

This Australia post site shows how to reduce the number of unaddressed letters you might get:
http://auspost.com.au/personal/managing-letterbox.html

And this link will take you to the Do Not Mail register of ADMA (Australian Direct Marketing Association).  Register here to stop recieving unwanted mail from all companies who are part of this program:
http://www.adma.com.au/consumer-help/do-not-mail/

It looks like I need to get an extra sticker for my postbox, in addition to the "no advertising material" sticker it currently has.  But as AusPost point out - not everyone will heed the stickers anyway.  I get plenty of flyers from local real estate agents who must think that leaflets promoting their services are perhaps educational.

No comments:

Post a Comment